Thursday, January 21, 2010

Woman In Girdle Pictures How Can I Get This Woman To Stop Condescending Me?

How can I get this woman to stop condescending me? - woman in girdle pictures

I live in a small community where people know who I am. Most people know that I have a disability (girdle muscular dystrophy) and does not make a drama about that makes me happy.
It seems, however, to women in our local post office. The first time I noticed when I sort the documents to the University to send by post and asked me in front of a busy counter loud when she needs help. I thought
WTF I did not need, I can not help myself, so I politely declined his offer.

Today, however, I bought a jacket and had a smile and asked: "Do you want to write it for you?" I gritted my teeth and said "thank you, at no." I thought, 'I can write, I am not a patient, just because my muscles are too weak. "

Perhaps it was an expression of my face and my voice is quickly covered with the words: "Oh, it's just that some people write to me and want enevlope meaning for them. The MUHP faster. "

We're at the point where I feel uncomfortable, put your feet up on the post. Embarrassing for me, I am by your comments and questions.

How can I tell women to stop patronizing me, while she so polite?

Thank you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You know, I suppose, and you do not answer, but I have the impression that you think because of my disability, who require additional help. I understand your concern, but not necessary. I am an independent adult, and these things I of me as a book. "

Anonymous said...

As mentioned in your question:
. "I said to myself:" I can write, I am not a patient, just because my muscles are too weak. "

Do not think - say it out loud to mention, what is not lame or stupid, and you would appriciate if you treat them like any other

Anonymous said...

As mentioned in your question:
. "I said to myself:" I can write, I am not a patient, just because my muscles are too weak. "

Do not think - say it out loud to mention, what is not lame or stupid, and you would appriciate if you treat them like any other

Anonymous said...

Just do it ...

Anonymous said...

Just do it ...

Anonymous said...

I think the woman tried to be friendly, and the desire to help in any way. Keep going to smile politely and say thank you do not. I do not think the pose, you feel more important - to feel badly. I know I would. People in general to be useful.

Anonymous said...

"You know, I suppose, and you do not answer, but I have the impression that you think because of my disability, who require additional help. I understand your concern, but not necessary. I am an independent adult, and these things I of me as a book. "

Anonymous said...

Hello
It's a tough question! Frankly, I think it is just women trying to be helpful, but this is embarrassing for you and you mentioned that they do not know now. I truly believe the only correct way to do this because I am their very reasonable, you take the post if we should ask his silence and the women have a friendly conversation with her. Be honest and friendly and explain how you feel, and I'm sure they appreciate your honesty. Except in the cases to face for them, making you feel better to say that we greatly appreciate the help they offered so far, but you do not need. They both come to clarity on the future of communication and better information about how they have dealt with it.
Hope this helps.
Natalie

Post a Comment